Friday, July 16, 2010

Start Them Young and Raise Them Right

As you all know Mr. ESPN and I graduated from U of A.  Our arch rivals are the Sun Devils.  We LOVE U of A and can't say anything nice about ASU (so I won't say anything at all).  My girls affectionately refer to U of A as GO CATS.

Chatty: "Mommy our cabin is the Sun Devils today and I have to wear Sun Devil colors"
Me: "I don't think so - you will be wearing your Arizona Wildcats t-shirt because we don't like the Sun Devils"
Chatty: "But Mom we have to (starting to get teary eyed), Cabin A is the Sun Devils"
Me: "Nope we are Go Cats here and we don't wear Sun Devil colors.  I will tell the Leader that you can't wear it because we are Go Cats and that your mom and dad will not allow it"
Chatty: "OK Mom"
Bia: "I wear my Go Cats shirt too"

Note - Cabin E were the CATS so I told Chatty she could be an honorary member of their cabin today!

9 comments:

The Lenzers said...

sounds very familiar!!!

The Lenzers said...

how was the new job?

SASS said...

Too funny!!! The girls refer to our rivals as "Boo KU". Not KU, Jayhawks, etc. Just Boo KU.

Anonymous said...

Love it! Stay strong and they'll turn out spectacular!

FROGGITY! said...

gotta love team spirit! :)

Suzanne said...

TOO CUTE! your girls are absolutely beautiful! and guess what, woman!!!! you won the $100 Gap Gift card from my review!!!
www.reviewsbysuz.blogspot.com

email me at suzsteece@hotmail.com, so you can claim your prize!!!

congrats again!!!
suz steece

Coco said...

That is hilarious!!!

Sara said...

That's funny!! Brainwashing already :)

Merry Mack said...

That is funny! My roommate at A&M was raised by two longhorns and has pictures and videos in burnt orange and white sining their songs. Lesson I learned, brainwashing can back fire.