Friday, September 10, 2010

OLD and Tired

It's not like I didn't already know it, but I am really starting to feel it lately.  Yes it is official, I am OLD.  Last night at Bia's swim lesson my phone rang .. my ringer is my Alma Mater's fight song.  After I got off the woman next to me commented on my ring and said she went to school there too.  I asked her when she graduated ... 4 years after me ... at least it was 4 and not 10 years after me like some of the "kids" that work in my office.  On Wednesday, I was talking to a fellow soccer mom at practice and she made a comment about turning 30 next year ... I almost spit my water out when she told me this - yep I am old.  As if my gray hairs and wrinkles weren't enough, it seems like everyone I interact with these days is quite a bit younger than me!   

See the thing is I was always the youngest person.  I have a late birthday and all of my friends were older than me in high school and college.  In my Bunco group I was the youngest for the longest time.  Now it seems like everywhere I go I am the old lady.  I will be closer to 40 than 30 in a mere 2 months - where did the time go?  I felt even older when I woke up before dawn this morning (seriously - it was 4:15 am) and my body ached as I walked to the bathroom (stupid, stupid, stupid 5:30 am conference calls) ... so now I am OLD and TIRED! 

Good thing it's Friday, I need to rest up my OLD and tired self!

8 comments:

starnes family said...

Hang in there! Recharge this weekend and then tackle next week like I know you will.

Dee Stephens said...

I know what you mean... I feel the same way.
I have a late birthday too and have always been the youngest. I'm still the youngest at work but since I married a younger guy and all his friends are younger and with younger girls...I feel old!
What really makes you feel old is when you ask them if they remember people like Jim and Tammy Faye Baker or Jimmy Swaggert and they have no clue who I'm talking about?
The only reason I mention that is b/c it was a HUGE story in BR when Jimmy 'sinned' and the PTL drama played out there Charlotte at that same time.

Anonymous said...

No worries my young sexy friend! I will always be older than you! ;-)
And frankly, we both look better now than we did at 30 I think! ;-)

The Lenzers said...

you might be old, but you are beautiful!!! Isn't it wierd? Did you ever imagine yourself in your late 30's? I didn't and I have wierd feelings about it all the time.

donatelli98 said...

Thanks guys for the nice comments. Yes L in many ways I think (at least I sure hope) I look better than I did in my late 20's/early 30's. I think my Cousin is right - it's just weird. I never pictured myself in my late thirties, I remember when my mom was in her late thirties ... now that's me!

Brooke said...

You're crazy, lady! I don't think you look or seem your age... at all. That new picture with Mr. ESPN proves my point. I feel very often that we're the same age. Even though there are younger mom's in Chatty's sports, think of all the things you and D got to do - and the time you spent together - that those moms likely didn't get to do. You've still got a lot of youth in you - rest up this weekend and feel revitalized :)

Coco said...

I felt the same way when I turned 35. Closer to 40. And I too have ALWAYS been the youngest until we lived here and now I am the oldest of the girls. Sucks.

But then I remember that I look AMAZING for 35 and it makes me happy. So you give yourself those positive thoughts and it is all good.

Momma to the A's said...

I always feel old when I see these new and upcoming stars. I remember when they were all older than me. NOW, all the Hollywood stars seem to be extremely younger than I am! Uggg...

You are beautiful! You don't look a person who is closer to 40 than 30!

I wanted to stop by and thank you for your kind words! It really meant a lot to have so many wonderful woman surround me during that difficult time!

I often stop by, but don't leave a comment. I enjoy your blog. Your girls are precious!