Thursday, August 11, 2011

First Day of School

So Thursday was the first day of school.  In true ESPN family tradition we were all up in plenty of time.  But as usual in the end I was running late, resulting in Chatty yelling to me to "Hurry Up!"  I almost shouted a profanity back at her.  I was so frustrated because I was the one responsible for making sure they looked picture perfect, brushed their teeth, etc., but I bit my tongue.  It didn't help matters that is was hotter than you know what outside and super humid (well for us anyway).

Obligatory Cheesy Smile Pic

This was probably the happiest Bia was all day ...


Family Picture at the bus stop ...
check out Bia's face ...

Chatty and our neighbor and best buddy JR

So the bus came and Chatty couldn't even turn around and say bye to her mom ... yeah she is so over us already and she is only in 2nd grade!  Then the waterworks began (for Bia not me).  Bia didn't understand why she couldn't ride the bus too.  She is attending Pr-K at the elementary school (full day) but bussing doesn't start until Kindergarten.

We took Bia to her Pre-K orientation (she knows 2 kids in her class) and as we left she said - "I don't want to come back tomorrow."  I looked at Mr. ESPN and said "It's all you babe - I am heading to work!"  He dropped her off this morning and she seemed to do ok.

Outside her classroom in front of her apple

4 comments:

Dee Stephens said...

Poor Bia. She will get used to it.

starnes family said...

Are we sure Bia isn't related to Jack?

The Lenzers said...

missing you! I have been a bad blogger too. Con doesn't really want to go to school either

Anonymous said...

Sweet Bia will be running the place in no time at all! Love that Lacey is so independent.