- Most men/women don't understand elevator etiquette; You wait until everyone exits the elevator before you get on. Men should allow women to get on/off before them if they are entering/exiting on the same floor
- The Mall of America is overrated to me. I am not a fan of a huge mall that is filled with a lot of random/crappy stores.
- The Mall of America has a large Nordstroms with lots of lovely merchandise
- Minnesota speed limits are slow
- Afros are not becoming on me
- Fountain Diet Cokes in MN don't seem to have enough carbonation - this observation has come after ordering fountain Diet Cokes in several eating establishments
- You can't buy beer/liquor at grocery stores in MN, you have to by them at the liquor stores next door and they aren't open on Sundays. So different from the desert where you can buy it all in the grocery store 7 days a week.
- Sauce has a great chicken, pine nuts and Gorgonzola salad. They are only located in the desert and Minnesota - weird coincidence. I have eaten there twice this week - the same girl waited on me both times.
- Women don't wear baseball hats to my gym location here in Minnesota. I guess because none of them have afros, they don't need to wear them. Must be nice!
- I thought there would be a lot more Targets here since they are headquartered in Minnesota. I have only seen one so far and it wasn't even a SuperTarget.
- If it storms tomorrow like they are predicting, my flight will be delayed. I am hoping the weathermen/women are wrong - in reality how often are the right on?
- My baby is starting 1st grade next week ... I am getting old ... but I already knew this
- I can discreetly post random things on my blog during meetings and still pay attention. Talk about multi-tasking.
- Tomorrow's Friday - woo hoo!
Thursday, August 12, 2010
Some random/boring observations I have made this week while traveling in Minnesota: