Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Holiday Eats

Have I ever told you that my favorite magazine ever is Southern Living?  I have had a subscription for at least 10 years.  They have some of the BEST recipes ever (especially if you like good comfort food and great desserts).  I use my trusty Ultimate Southern Living cookbook all the time, and it never disappoints.  I received my December issue of Southern Living in the mail yesterday.  I grabbed a glass of wine and proceeded to read it from cover to cover (as Bia and Chatty "did" my hair - i.e. brushed and put an assortment of barrettes in).  I may or may not have drooled quite a bit while I flipped through it.  Some of my favorite recipes from the issue (all photos courtesy of southernliving.com):
Cherry-Pecan Brie
10 minute recipe!!
 
Bacon-Grits Fritters
 
Potato Gratin with Rosemary Crust
I think I may may serve this Christmas Day

Pancetta-Wrapped Beef Tenderloin with Whipped Horseradish Cream
Bacon makes everything better!!

Chocolate Truffle Cheesecake
They even provide instructions on how to make the white chocolate snowflake

Caramel Italian Cream Cake
Isn't this cake gorgeous?

And for my Cousin J - they even had an article on tamales!  Go pick a copy up!!

4 comments:

Sara said...

I'm drooling. YUM-YUM!!! I haven't received my issue yet, but now I can't wait. Love Southern Living!

Bacon Grit fritter????? Are you kidding me?

I do a proscuitto wrapped pork tenderloin and it's fabulous too!

The Lenzers said...

Think I just gained another pound from reading this! I would do the cherry-walnut over cream cheese,not a brie fan. And the tenderloin looks so delish!!! I will have to pick up a copy. I always read my moms, don't know why I don't get it. Maybe I will start

Merry Mack said...

I want all that stuff. It all looks amazing! My mom has been published in Southern Living mag and cookbook twice. Pretty cool. We love that magazine too. In fact, Mr. Mack asked for a subscription for his bday.

Cate said...

That Potato Gratin looks like the perfect addition to any holiday table - yum!