Friday, November 5, 2010

Like a Good Neighbor ...

Mr. ESPN and Mr. Jim are there.  I came home from Chatty's soccer practice the other night and noticed Mr. ESPN's car was in our neighbor's driveway with the lights on.  I thought this was odd and then noticed my other neighbor, Jim and Mr. ESPN were over there with shovels.  I get out of the car and ask what's going on. 

"Rattlesnake in their garage, Jim and I killed it" (no he didn't try to run this one over with his car - he brought his car over so they could see it better since it was getting dark).  WTH - don't these things hibernate for winter?  I guess they are all screwed up too since the temps here hit the 90's this week.

Here's to cooler temperatures and no more snakes!! 

4 comments:

Dee Stephens said...

Crazy you tell this story today. Yesterday was the one year anniversary of my Uncle getting bite by that snake. Remember he went to get firewood and a snake came out of the wood pile and bite him and it was cold outside!
RIP Uncle Gary :(

The Lenzers said...

holy crimaney!! move already! screw the snakes, and can they hibernate in AZ? As far as halloween...who's the tomboy and who's the princess...too cute. saw LA school pic at my mom's house, she is trouble, but thank goodness she is cute

starnes family said...

Son of a BEEP. Did you see my post? Damn. I'm so over the hot weather.

SASS said...

BAH! I freaking can't believe they're still slithering around!
P.s. CAught up on your blog- Tinkerbell and the Baseball player are DARLING!