- Yesterday we had a high of 42 degrees with 20 mph winds. Needless to say soccer practice was COLD for us here in the desert! Speaking of which, one kid shows up in shorts, t-shirt and thin little hoodie! For pete's sake - can't her parents figure out how to dress her warmly - a little common sense people!
- Another note from soccer - I was so cold I took my scarf and wrapped it around my head and then my neck. I looked like someone from the Middle East ... my friend was cracking up (it was quite the site)! You do what you gotta do right?
- I have to go to NJ for work on Sunday ... nice right? Lovely, snowy, cold NJ in February! And I won't be able to thaw out until Friday when I return to the desert (yes I know some of you live in cold places but I am from FL and have only lived in FL and AZ ... my body isn't programmed for extended bouts of cold weather).
- My kids were up and dressed by 5:45 am this morning. The early rising gene did NOT come from me!
- Karma will bite you in the a**. In the middle of the night Chatty came in complaining she had a nightmare. I told her she was fine and go back to bed. Then I fell back asleep and had a nightmare! Note to self - next time Chatty has a nightmare at least offer to tuck her back in bed.
- I took my first Zumba class on Monday night with my friend L. It was fun and funny! I mean really funny when I looked at myself in the mirror during class!
- I asked Mr. ESPN if he wanted me to make any food for he and the girls to eat next week while I am gone. Chatty answers and says "Brownies", I say "OK, what else?" Chatty says "Cookies!" She's my kind of girl!
- Bia has no concept of time. Last night I told her I was leaving on a plane on Sunday and two minutes later she says, you leave tomorrow? (mmm ... depends on how you and Chatty behave)
- I don't think I took any pictures during the month of January. Note to self - take some!
- Thank goodness tomorrow is Friday ... I am bailing out early so I can get some provisions for my adventure to the blustery northeast!
Thursday, February 3, 2011
Not much going on around here (hence the reason I haven't posted all week) - just the usual chaos that is our life.