Thursday, January 27, 2011

Honestly ...

(yes I copied this idea from someone else's blog)
  • Is it possible for your child to be described as an Angel at school and then be the complete opposite anything less than angelic at home?  I had a wonderful parent teacher conference with Chatty's teacher.  She was gushing about how smart, sweet, eager, etc. she was.  Her first words to me were "Chatty is an Angel in class!"  Honestly?
  • Was it necessary to to make our new Children's Hospital look like the Rio Hotel in Vegas on the outside?  The red lights change to different colors of the rainbow as they go up and down (you can see the purple on the bottom).  While I am all for spending money on a top notch children's hospital, I have a slight issue with the excess that was undoubtedly spent on this part.  Especially since this is the same hospital who at one time sent me a letter saying they no longer accepted our insurance even though they accept people without insurance!  I am not bitter - Honestly!
(this was the best pic I could find since I didn't whip my phone out
while I was driving on the freeway this morning at 6:15 am)
  • It is possible for you to not lose weight while training for a half-marathon and in fact you can even gain weight while training.  Honestly!
  • Can one kid leave school early two days in one week and be completely healthy?  Earache on Monday - 1 1/2 hour doctor visit later = nothing wrong.  Vomit in dance class on Wednesday - go home = nothing wrong.  Bia are you looking for some attention, honestly (Bia loves her school - honestly!)?
  • I may be more excited about going to Disneyland than my kids.  Yep - Honestly I am!  Probably because I get to see one of my most favorite cousins and hopefully meet Casey!
  • I told Chatty I needed a 4 day vacation from her bad attitude.  Honestly! (not sure why I said 4 day but in the heat of the moment it sounded good).
  • I wore jeans to work today (we're only supposed to wear jeans on Fridays).  But because my boss is in another state and no one in my department works in this building I decided to do it (and because secretly I am a rebel).  Honestly!

8 comments:

Dee Stephens said...

I wish I was going to Disney! :( How fun would that be!
Chatty would loves me. I'm sure of it :-)
Gain weight running instead of lose?!! YIKES! Don't tell me that! I'm trying hard!
Brad started running last night! Funny to see. He's an eliptical guy so he decided he needs some new shoes!

Anonymous said...

You are such a rebel jeans girl!!! Don't get down about the weight. The running you are doing for training is changing your body in tons of good ways! The number means nothing...you are changing muscle to fat and reshaping and your inside workings are probably healthier than ever!

Anonymous said...

Sorry - that should have said fat to muscle. Ugh - I can't type today!

Sara said...

I always end up gaining weight on the scale when I work out. Muscle weighs more than fat, my dear! :)

Have fun at Disney!!! Can't wait to hear about it.

Love the Rio Hospital - they should have slots in the waiting room. And maybe a cocktail waitress too?? Yes. Awesome concept.

Merry Mack said...

I love that you wore jeans on a non jean day. Love it.

You can gain weight from training. It's muscle. That's a good thing.

I would be excited about Disneyland too. It's because you know how awesome it is.

I agree about the hospital.

Yes, it is possible to have dual personality with school and home. I know lots of kids like this.

SASS said...

Honestly, Casey is rubbing off on everyone. They're all psycho over Disney! I mean, maybe I'm just jealous. I guess I was more excited about a tween concert than the girls...hmmm.
Nice on wearing jeans! Be a rebel, C!! This is a great post idea!

Momma to the A's said...

You go girl, wear those jeans! When I was preggo I wore jeans ALL the time to work. I used the pregnancy as an excuse ... hey why not. (I didn't have a fancy office job though).

Yea, I'm not sure the neon lights on the outside of the Children's Hospital is really needed.

Disneyland!!!! OMGoodness I would be so pumped too!!

Coco said...

Losing weight is IMPOSSIBLE afte 35 I am convinced of this.

Bia and TM got the same manual in the hospital. And I am suspecting so did Bram and Chatty.