Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Blogging at the gym ...

well not really, but I was trying to think of something fun to blog about while I was running (I should say jogging since I don't go very fast) on the treadmill ... so I got to thinking how since I joined the gym I feel good (other than the aches and pains - but those are good right) but every time I go I feel like ugly, old, fat girl at the gym. No I don't think I am fat - so don't even comment about that but I sweat like no other at the gym and I can't help but notice (yes I am a people watcher) all the cute, young, perfect bodies at the gym who seem to glisten while I am dripping with sweat (yes I know it means I am working out and it is good) but it doesn't make me feel "pretty" at the gym. Some things never change, I remember feeling that way when I was in college and worked out at the rec center ...

After my revelation at the gym tonight I came home to children who weren't very well behaved but that seems to be the norm these days. For some reason Chatty Cathy has been super sassy. A friend of mine said she has always had one leg in the sassy pants. Well I can now officially report she has both legs fully in the sassy pants. It almost seems like she is a teenager with the things she says and the way she acts ... man oh man what will we do when she really is a teenager ... buy wine/beer in bulk (oh wait I think we already do that)?

Then Bia wouldn't eat her dinner (once again what else is new?) and was super mad when I didn't let he get in the shower the second she was ready to do so. Don't you know a 2 year old demands everything be on their terms? Needless to say she was pretty mad by the time showers were over. I didn't want to put her in her crib while she was having a fit so I went into sappy mom mode and said they could come lay down with me in my bed for a little while. I love snuggling with them, especialy Bia since she is still small. Just before I was about to fall asleep (mind you it was only 7:30), I put them both in their own beds where they both proceeded to fall asleep without any argument. Nice way to end the evening ... gotta love the fact that my kiddos are great sleepers like their mom!

4 comments:

Dee Stephens said...

I've felt like that at the gym and sometimes still do.
That's why I am really not fan of gyms but instead of walking outside. It gives me time by myself to reflect on the day and take in the fresh air and sun. It seriously..makes my day..
Great that your kids are sleepers!

Dee Stephens said...

I know all too well about the desert. I lived in Vegas for 3 years and I didn't walk or exercise out then either :(
crazy hot!

Anonymous said...

I felt the same way at the gym this morning. Too many killer bodies around me. I wish I had more time and could work out every day. Ugh. When the kids are older I guess. Keep it up - it's better than the alternative - right!?

The Lenzers said...

First I should say at least you run/jog. My ass jiggles too much for that. I do hit the gym 4-5 times a week though, but I go to a ladies only so that I can't prople watch too much, otherwise I would get pissed offed and leave-all the perfect bodies who like to work out half naked. As far as the kids-thank god for 7o'clock bedtimes right!! And geez, I wonder where sassy pants gets it?!