Monday, May 10, 2010

I'll Be Back ....

Quick post to let you know I am alive and that we made it back from the east coast in one piece and without any major incidents.  There were some tense moments like when the pudgy guy from Philly overtook the entire arm rest and some of my seat space.  I think Mr. ESPN was afraid I might cause a scene but I remained calm and ever so slightly budged his arm out of my space and let him know by my actions he better think twice about putting it there again.  Then there was the ice cube incident.  Our plane left the gate taxied to the runway and then proceeded to go back to the gate.  Why you ask?  Oh because they said the ice was bad and they needed to get new ice.  WTH?  Would you believe it took US Airways 1 hour to bring good ice on the plane (this was after it took them 30 minutes to get someone to drive the jetway out to our plane when we flew in last week)?  So what was a 5 hr 17 minute flight turned into over 6 hours of me in the middle seat between a large carseat and pudgy Philly man ... and how was your Mother's Day?  I have to admit my little seasoned travelers did beautifully even when the portable dvd batteries died 4 hours into the flight, well other than Chatty being scared to death of the bathroom but that's a whole other story.  Visit was good.  Chatty and Grandma bawled when we left.  Interviews went well ... hopefully I will be getting an offer this week ... but who knows they seem to be taking their sweet old time.  Will post more later I need to catch up on my sleep ...

6 comments:

starnes family said...

I just learned about 31, by the way.

I'm so confused, though. Are you interviewing to leave Arizona?

Sorry your flight was rough. Can't wait to hear more about what's going on with you!

Dee Stephens said...

air travel sucks!!!! ive heard that ice poo poo before. I think its Bull sh--t
good luck on the job

Sara said...

Glad you made it back home safe and sound! Can't wait to hear all the details. Sounds like an interesting flight :)

The Lenzers said...

how did it go.....give more job details or at least call me!! granny never relays the info correctly. love you

FROGGITY! said...

i have NEVER heard of that ice bidness before! CRAZY!

the bathroom scares me too chatty.

SASS said...

I'm laughing at you. I'm sorry. This post cracked me up. The PHilly man, the ice incident, scared Chatty, your sassiness throughout the description....awesome!! Can't wait for an update when you have time!