Friday, December 10, 2010

Bia and Chatty's Christmas List


Now if you know Bia, you know she loves her (stuffed) puppies.  On Thanksgiving she told her Daddy she wanted a real puppy.  A few days after that conversation we received the LL Bean catalog in the mail.  I was perusing through it and saw some photos of the following:

Puppies in Tote, design 7 of 15

and showed them to the girls.  Chatty and Bia decided they wanted those for Christmas - two in fact - one for each of them.  Anyway on the way home from school yesterday Chatty announces that she doesn't want two cute puppies (when they requested puppies they requested cute ones) for Christmas. 

Bia: "Why?  I want two cute puppies!"
Chatty: "Because it will be a lot of work to take care of them."
Bia: "I take care of two cute puppies"
Chatty: "Mom I want a laptop instead"
Me: "Um OK"
Chatty: "You should really get me a laptop"
Me: "We'll see"

Next thing you know she will be asking for an IPAD and an IPhone ... and she is only 6 1/2.  I told her she needs to ask her Poppa for the laptop! 

As a disclaimer - Mr. ESPN does NOT want a dog - cute or not - he claims he is allergic to them ... I think that is just an excuse personally!  Because really who could resist those two sweet puppy faces???

9 comments:

Dee Stephens said...

OMG! Those puppies are too cute! I think a dog is a GREAT idea and maybe would help with responsibility?
The kids these days and technology. Crazy! Check this article out!

http://www.ajc.com/business/kids-go-on-expensive-770991.html

Brooke said...

Light bulb! Great idea. We'll let them take my two cute puppies for a weekend and see how they feel about taking care of puppies of their own.

The Lenzers said...

puppy,puppy,puppy,puppy,puppy,puppy,puppy,puppy!!

that should be their list

Allyson and Dave said...

Those are some cute puppies but I have to agree with Chatty. They are a lot of work. That is what has kept be from getting one. I loved my dogs when I was a kid but my Mom took care of them. I don't think I could do it without her.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm. Matt, Shaun, and Ainsley want a dog too, but I'm with Dennis. Maybe you, Bia, Matt, Shaun and Ainsley could get one together. ;-)

SASS said...

2 cute puppies! I would take another cute puppy this year...hmmm
Tony claims he's allergic to cats, which is fine with me, I'm not a cat person really. I try. He tried to claim he was allergic to dogs when I wanted Josie, so I brought over my friend's pomeranian without telling him. He was fine. Just sayin. ;)

Merry Mack said...

There are nonallergenic dogs. Ask MommaToTheAs. There are serious allergies in their family and they have a cute dog.

Coco said...

Bram is coming up with new shit daily. And I'm done shopping. So he is s.o.l.

Lucky for me, TM just wants baby stuff. Done and done!

Don't you want to potty train two lab pups?

BMB said...

Um, remember that Toni was once a spittin image of those 2 cute little puppies and now she's a 90 lb-four-year-old-pain-in-my-ass! LOL! How about 2 cute little kittens instead? Hey--wanna get together during your 2 week break during the day? Even if D and G can't join us? How long is your company in town? I have something for my God Daughters. They could always be New Year gifts instead of Christmas!