Tuesday, December 14, 2010

The Countdown is On

4 more days of work and then I am off for 2 weeks!  Awesome, it can't come soon enough.  The inlaws are arriving next Monday so there is a lot to do to get ready.  My house is a mess - shocker I know - but I have been putting off the deep clean until this coming weekend because my little elves create havoc wherever they go.  I snapped a few pictures of our decorations and thought I would share:

Family Room

And the stockings were hung by the chimney with care...

I got a little crafty and made this sign:

I took Sarah's idea at Clover Lane and made
ornaments from our past Christmas Cards

Since I have a fake tree, I always get a live wreath

Apparently the girls were acting out Daniel and the Lion's Den
According to Mr. ESPN the lion got drunk and fell over.

Our Advent Calendars courtesy of Casey
(this picture was taken last week)

Our Big (candy holding) Advent Calendar

And because I like my other sign so well I made one with our name

But now I need some trees or something on each side of it

One of my most favorite things about Christmas -
Photos and Photo Cards! BTW I hate this card holder.
Every time I put a new one in another one falls out. 

And just some random thoughts ... Chatty now wants a laptop, I-Touch and an I-Pad for Christmas in lieu of the 2 cute puppies.  Bia named off random things including Dora doll house and Little Einsteins movie in addition to two cute puppies.  Sadly neither of them are getting any of that!  Well I did find two cute stuffed puppies that will be in their stockings but that's as close as it is going to get this year.  5 weeks until my 1/2 marathon - I (slowly) ran 10 last weekend and was hurting all day!  Mr. ESPN just called me on his way to work to tell me the Phillies just signed Cliff Lee (pitcher) ... seriously is that not the lamest thing to call your wife about at 7:15 a.m.?  Sad part is I already had heard it on sports radio on my drive into work this morning.

Is it Friday yet???

13 comments:

Dee Stephens said...

Haha! I've been listening to a lot of sports radio in the mornings with Brad! I'm up on it all! Brett Favre needs to hang it up fo sho!
As for your decorations..love them! Looks like we have the same granite in our kitchen. Also, instead of trees why not vases with colored balls up there?

starnes family said...

Yay for the Advent Calendars!

We have the same stockings. I'll let you guess which one is Jack's.

Cute decor!

If the shoe FITZ said...

2 weeks that is so awesome!
love all the decor.
i am about to post how i hang my cards up...really easy!

Anonymous said...

Your house looks great! You are getting so crafty! I'm impressed with your training - good job!

Merry Mack said...

Cute! Your house looks pretty clean to me. That is a pretty lame early morning call. Who cares about this Cliff Lee thing? Everyone, I guess because it's all over twitter and fb.

The Soladay Family said...

Look at you getting all crafty! Awesome. Love your red walls.

Hubby informed of the same Cliff Lee news this morning. Not happy about it.

Cute, cute stockings!

The Lenzers said...

I hung my cards up too this year! great minds, right? maybe i should listen to sports radio, might help my marraige. your house looks great!!!

SASS said...

LOVE your mantle! And real wreath! And crafty signs! Lovely.
Lion got drunk? Nice, Mr. ESPN.
I can't get enough of Chatty and Bia's Christmas ideas. Cracks me up.

Coco said...

Photo cards are my favorite as well.

Love all the decor. Two little pear trees on each sign would be perfect.

Coco said...

email me, it is time for our match making. natalie is back from rwanda.

Sara said...

Love all the decor!! I used an old gate this year to hang all of my cards on with clothespins. Last year, I hung them all over a mini Christmas tree and it worked out well. Looked cute too!

Trey called me to tell me about Cliff Lee too....you're not alone! And the sad thing is that I already knew too. ha!

FROGGITY! said...

good luck on your half marathon!! that's awesome.

i love the stockings... they look a lot like our new ones! pottery barn? love!

2 stuffed puppies will be so cute on christmas morning... they'll forget all about the other stuff. :)

Momma to the A's said...

I love the ornament idea with the old Christmas cards! All my old ones are in a pile in a draw in the office. I think I will have to steal that idea as well!

Great Christmas decorations! Your house looks great to me! You don't look to have any clutter at all!!

My family arrives next week and I am so excited!!!! I am gifting myself and hired a cleaning team to come clean the morning before they arrive. Shhh ... don't tell!