Thursday, December 2, 2010

R & D

For my accounting friends, you might think this post is about Research and Development but in reality it is about my breasts.  I went for my first mammogram ever last week.  It was a little painful and awkward but overall not too bad.  I got a call from my Dr.'s office today saying I need to go back in because my right breast is very Dense (D) and they need to get a few more scans of it (no need to worry Nana and Poppa - very normal for young women - ask Beth!).  So I call the center to make an appointment and the receptionist reads my report and says "Oh you only need additional pictures on your right breast and here it says your left breast is Remarkable (R)!"  I called Mr. ESPN and told him and he asked me if I told the lady that my husband agreed with the "Remarkable" comment!  And that's how they officially became R & D!   

10 comments:

If the shoe FITZ said...

funny.
good one!

Dee Stephens said...

HA! Good for you on the mammogram! I need to get one!

The Lenzers said...

I have not had one, guess I have 1 more year though! not looking forward to it

BMB said...

I think the lady should have told you "Unremarkable", sorry now they are U&D! Unremarkable means, obviously, that there is nothing to comment on as far as abnormalities from the Radiologists stand point. Also, no biggie that they need more. It's your baseline and they have nothing to compare you to. It's better to be safe than sorry and take a couple "spot compression" views to smash out the "dense" spot so they can see through it better. Im not gonna lie, it's gonna hurt! Good luck and sorry to change them to U&D, R&D sounded so much better! LOL!

Anonymous said...

I love it. R & D. Nice to have such a great knowledgeable friend on the matter in BMB! I was supposed to get one last year and still haven't. Shame on me. Maybe you'll inspire me to get off my ass and do it. Then I can get some nice nicknames too!

Brooke said...

Congratulations on your remarkable breast!

starnes family said...

I love him. Well said, Mrs. ESPN.

Merry Mack said...

I love it!! Congrats on your R! I also went for my first this summer. It wasn't that eventful but I was proud and I am proud of you. Funny story. Thanks for sharing.

FROGGITY! said...

lol! remarkable. good stuff!

Sara said...

This might be one of the funniest things I've read in awhile!! Love Mr. ESPN's sense of humor.