- Kindergarten Holiday Party (& Pajama Day) Friday Afternoon - let me preface this by saying I think I win Volunteer of the Year for Chatty's Class and Most Interesting Holiday Party. Shortly after we started decorating the gingerbread houses (minutes after the following pictures were taken) Jordan (who sits at Chatty's table) proceeded to throw up not once but twice in the classroom. As if that wasn't enough, Brandon threw up because he saw Jordan throw up. Abbey's dad sprang into action and started getting paper towels so I began cleaning the lovely mess up! Not like I enjoy cleaning my own kids puke, much less someone elses kid, but if I didn't I was going to be the next one in the nurses office. Luckily a couple other moms helped clean up the other spots! Miss Johnson and the other parents moved the kids and the the gingerbread decorating outside. Good thing it was a lovely 70 degrees here in the desert!
- As if that wasn't enough excitement for the day, we went to the train park with our neighbors on Friday night. We rode the train, carousel and even visited with Santa. It's a crazy year - we now have two pictures with Santa after going 5 years without! Bia wasn't a big fan (as you can see from the photo below, hence the reason Mr. ESPN is in the picture too). You'll also notice a picture below with Chatty covering her face. This was taken during 1 of the 2 timeouts she experienced while we waited for the train ride! Good times!
Don't you just love Bia's look? Making sure the big guy doesn't try anything!
- Saturday a few of my girlfriends came over to decorate cookies and drink wine. It was fun to catch up with them and just chill. I forgot to take any pictures of the girls or the cookies but let me assure you a good time was had by all and our cookies looked fabulous! Only problem is the red icing tastes like crap. Even Mr. ESPN wouldn't eat it today and he eats everything! Too bad I made a bunch of red stocking cookies, guess we will save them for Santa!
- My goal of hitting the gym on Friday and Saturday was not achieved ... oh well ... even OCD people have to deviate from the plan occasionally ... tomorrow no excuses - I will be there! In fact as soon as I am done with this post I am looking up class times!
- On a serious note, please say a prayer for a family in my church. They have two children my kids age (her daughter is in Chatty's Sunday school class - the one I teach). The mom just got diagnosed with Stage IV lymphoma ... such sad news. Also my old neighbor recently miscarried. Both of these women are strong Christian women and I know they would appreciate your prayers.
- If Chatty behaves tomorrow we may venture into cookie baking/decorating tomorrow ... and Bia may join in too!
- I am on vacation for two weeks - woo hoo!!