Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Shoes and Prescriptions

So I bought two pairs of running shoes last weekend. The results:
  1. Wore pair 1 (Saucony) yesterday to run 6 miles and my feet were sore after mile 1 ... I won't even explain the throbbing that occurred by the time I completed mile 6. Needless to say they will be returned.
  2. Wore pair 2 (Asics) to No Limits Cardio (intense boot camp style class - non-stop for 60 minutes) and my feet were sore. Not sure how they would feel running, may try them again tomorrow on the treadmill.

I had also purchased some insoles. I am going to try them in my older running shoes (Adidas) and see how they feel in them. I wish I could find a good shoe without breaking the bank. Why is being healthy so freakin expensive? It would be so much cheaper to sit at home and eat McDonalds and drink Coke all day!

This is probably TMI but why oh why is Diflucan a prescription drug (which requires a co-pay and a visit to the Dr.)? Why isn't it OTC? And also why is the dosage only one pill when most GYN's prescribe two? Seriously - it's not like a woman can't self diagnose in this situation. And the other option - lovely cream! Those of you who have never had to use either of these, count your blessings! OK - sorry just had to put that out there because it has been annoying me for a couple days now!

4 comments:

FROGGITY! said...

diflucan is prescription only?! not good! i agree, that should be OTC. i bet it will be in a few years. sigh.

i LOVE my salomons. they have run many a mile with me. sierratradingpost.com has them less expensive and you can return them if they don't work. i have a weird foot (narrow heel, no arch), so that is my choice of shoe. i hate insoles, i received bad blisters from a doctor scholl's nightmare. just fyi. :)

Dee Stephens said...

I agree! It's freakin ridonkulous how much tennis shoes cost and how much you have replace them.

SASS said...

Let me know what you find! I've been desperately needing a pair for a couple months. No idea where to start!

The Lenzers said...

i did not know what you were referring to until you mentioned cream...ha! must say i have not experienced that yet. there are some OTC pills now though i think?! anyway, i thought you were pretty good with your shoes, usually buying the same ones. i just bought new ones after 3 1/2 years. i only spent $50 and went with a different brand. i don't like them either, but i don't run in them so i am going to keep them. i saw your other ones at costco the other day and thought of you!