Wednesday, September 30, 2009
So tomorrow as Spark of the Week Chatty is supposed to bring in her favorite snack for the entire class. Not sure if she is like all other kids but she has lots of "favorites". I think we (as a family - mostly me since it is my job to purchase it) decided to go with Rice Krispie treats since the are prepackaged and most kids like them. I will be running by my favorite store at lunch to pick up a box for the class. This Spark of the Week stuff requires a lot of parental (I should rephrase that and say mom) involvement - but it is so worth it to see how excited Chatty is about it!
Monday, September 28, 2009
Before I show the pictures of our scrapbook pages let me first tell you I don't scrapbook. My mom does and she didn't pass down any of those genes to me, so normally I ask her to do all my scrapbooking for me - and she graciously obliges (thanks Mom!). Secondly Sparkey is the name of our arch rival's mascot. That would be like you LSU fans bringing home an animal named AL (as in AL the FL gator). Anyway, with that being said, Mr. ESPN was insistent that we document Sparkey's time with us with as much Arizona fanfare as possible. The funny thing is Sparkey wears a red and blue polo (U of A colors) and jeans. Lucky for Mr. ESPN the only scrapbook supplies I have (mind you they are 5 years old) is Arizona paper and stickers. We put them to good use. The hard thing about being the first kid to be "Spark of the Week" means I couldn't reference any other people's pages to get ideas from. I am sure all of the other parents are going to think we are nutty and that we have indoctrinated our kids into being Arizona fans ... oh well - we are a little nutty at times!
Is it bad that we staged the above family photo? We went to a friend's house for a party on Saturday and were watching the game but didn't get a family picture (we got a cute one of the girls, Sparkey and my friend's husband but Mr. ESPN didn't want to the other kids to think that was the girls' dad), so on Sunday I made everyone put on their shirts and our neighbor came over and took the picture! The other one of Chatty is from Sunday school, Sparkey got to participate in my first day teaching Sunday school solo! Lucky bear!
Sunday, September 27, 2009
I am sure you can all guess it by now .... (drum roll please) Costco! Where else can you buy so many different things, get great customer service (re: returns and exchanges - they are like Nordstrom in this regard), awesome products at a great price and the best snacks while shopping? To show you all my love affair with this store I decide to take a few pictures of some of the items I have in my house from Costco. Mind you, we get a lot of food there, but these pictures are primarily non-food related items ...
Pre-gym membership we purchased this ... it has gotten some good use
Suitcase that has traveled all over!
Friday, September 25, 2009
Last night was my Bunco group. I ate way too much food. My neighbor had some fabulous stuff and I gorged big time. What can I say I like to eat and drink! Good food + good drinks + good friends = lots of laughter! Chatty is riding the bus home from school today (reward for behaving the past few days) so I need to book out of here a little early ... good excuse huh?
Stay tuned because next week (or this weekend if I get motivated) I am going to do a post about my love for a certain store! Don't ask me why I feel the need to post about it but is by far one of our family's favorite stores and both girls know it by name!!! Stay tuned ....
Thursday, September 24, 2009
Bia: "Mommy, Mommy, Mommy"
Me: "Hi sweet Bia!"
Chatty: (Jumping out from behind the wall and yelling) "Surprise"
Me: "Hi Chatty - what's my surprise?"
Chatty: "I went diarrhea twice today!"
Me to Mr. ESPN: "Not quite the surprise I was looking for when I got home"
Yes my kids say the loveliest things (and get super excited about it) - but they were oh so happy to see me which is the best feeling in the world!
BTW - Chatty is feeling fine and shows no sign of illness other than her Surprise from yesterday!
Tuesday, September 22, 2009
- Wore pair 1 (Saucony) yesterday to run 6 miles and my feet were sore after mile 1 ... I won't even explain the throbbing that occurred by the time I completed mile 6. Needless to say they will be returned.
- Wore pair 2 (Asics) to No Limits Cardio (intense boot camp style class - non-stop for 60 minutes) and my feet were sore. Not sure how they would feel running, may try them again tomorrow on the treadmill.
I had also purchased some insoles. I am going to try them in my older running shoes (Adidas) and see how they feel in them. I wish I could find a good shoe without breaking the bank. Why is being healthy so freakin expensive? It would be so much cheaper to sit at home and eat McDonalds and drink Coke all day!
This is probably TMI but why oh why is Diflucan a prescription drug (which requires a co-pay and a visit to the Dr.)? Why isn't it OTC? And also why is the dosage only one pill when most GYN's prescribe two? Seriously - it's not like a woman can't self diagnose in this situation. And the other option - lovely cream! Those of you who have never had to use either of these, count your blessings! OK - sorry just had to put that out there because it has been annoying me for a couple days now!
Monday, September 21, 2009
Speaking of Blessings - the girls, Mr. ESPN and I all had a wonderful time at Princess A's party. We went over early to chat and watch football (it is going to be a long/tough year for our Alma mater - but awesome win by my Seminoles!!). Bia didn't want to wear her costume at first but once we got it on her (and threatened a nap if she took it off - yes I am that kind of mom) she left it on.
Friday, September 18, 2009
I am taking a 1/2 day off today and meeting my good friend A and her daughter for lunch. Afterwards A and I are going shopping. Maybe with her help I can actually find some clothes for work. Plus I need some new running shoes. I swear I go through a pair every 2 months or so. Yesterday I ran six miles and my feet were killing me. I came to the following conclusion: 6 Miles + Current Running Shoes = Painful feet for Mrs. ESPN! Tomorrow we have a princess birthday party for our good friend ANC! Luckily Chatty can still fit in her Cinderella dress from last Halloween (hopefully the Velcros will hold otherwise we may have Cinderella's Flasher Cousin). I asked my neighbor if we could borrow a princess dress for Bia .. we had to stage Operation Princess Dress Handoff last night so her 3 year old wouldn't see her giving it to me! She texted me last night and we met in the middle of the street for the hand off and low and behold her daughter runs out complaining she couldn't find her dress. Good thing her mom had put it in a bag! Have a great weekend!!
Wednesday, September 16, 2009
Tuesday, September 15, 2009
Silly Things About Me
Started today at 11:14 am
- What time did you get up this morning? 6:00 am
- How do you like your steak? Medium - still a little pink in the middle
- What was the last film you saw at the cinema? Can't remember- we usually do Netflix now
- What is your favorite TV show? Grey's Anatomy, Private Practice, ESPN's College GameDay
- If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be? North Carolina
- What did you have for breakfast? Skittles & Diet Coke - breakfast of champions!
- What is your favorite cuisine? Seafood and/or Italian
- What foods do you dislike? tomatoes - although I love tomato sauce and everything made with them.
- Favorite Place to Eat? Mastro's
- Favorite dressing? honey mustard from Nello's
- What kind of vehicle do you drive? Infiniti M-35
- What are your favorite clothes? At the moment nothing I own - I am so bored with them!
- Where would you visit if you had the chance? France - the whole country - the Provence region, Bordeaux region, etc.
- Cup 1/2 empty or 1/2 full? Depends on the day
- Where would you want to retire? Part of the year somewhere on the southeast coast (NC, SC, GA or FL) and the rest of the year near my daughters and their future families
- Favorite time of day? Meal time!
- Where were you born? Daytona Beach, Florida
- What is your favorite sport to watch? College Football
- Bird watcher? No - too boring for me
- Are you a morning person or a night person? Night - although not too late
- Do you have any pets? None at the moment - two kids and a husband is plenty to take care of
- Any new and exciting news you'd like to share? Not that I know of
- What did you want to be when you were little? Corporate Lawyer
- What is your best childhood memory? Spending time at my Granny's house
- Are you a cat or dog person? Dog
- Are you married? Yep - 11 lovely years
- Always wear your seat belt? Yes - good thing otherwise I wouldn't be typing this today
- Been in a car accident? Yes - passenger in a head on collision and driver in a minor accident
- Any pet peeves? Oh so many - some include arrogance, rudeness, laziness
- Favorite Pizza Topping? love pretty much anything and everything on pizza
- Favorite Flower? love tulips and lilies and pretty much any other kind of flower
- Favorite ice cream? hmmm - homemade vanilla ice cream
- Favorite fast food restaurant? In-N-Out - hands down the best burger!
- How many times did you fail your driver's test? Zero
- From whom did you get your last email? A customer regarding a sales tax issue (I am at work)
- Which store would you choose to max out your credit card? Costco, Ann Taylor, White House Black Market, Pottery Barn
- Do anything spontaneous lately? Not really my style ...
- Like your job? Yes - a little boring but great boss and benefits - can't complain
- Broccoli? With melted butter, salt and pepper
- What was your favorite vacation? Italy - Venice, Florence, Tuscany and Rome - it was amazing!
- Last person you went out to dinner with? Mr. ESPN for our anniversary two weeks ago
- What are you listening to right now? People in the office talking
- What is your favorite color? Red; but to wear I prefer black
- How many tattoos do you have? Zero
- Coffee Drinker? Only occasionally and it has to be something frilly - lattes, frappuccino, etc.
Now I am tagging:
Sunday, September 13, 2009
Friday, September 11, 2009
Wednesday, September 9, 2009
Monday, September 7, 2009
Will try and post more details about our big weekend tomorrow but as a fore warning I failed to take any pictures this weekend. If I post old ones, would that be bad? Oh wait, I did have a couple taken of Mr. ESPN and I at dinner on Saturday night so I can post those ...
Friday, September 4, 2009
Honestly it doesn't seem like that long ago we said our vows. Neither one of us is the super mushy type (not to be confused with sentimental and emotional - which I am, him not so much) but I did want to acknowledge this day and tell you all he is a great husband, dad and friend! It hasn't been easy but it's been fun (most of the time). We frustrate each other to no end but I never doubt his love for me or mine for him! Yes we got married young but I know we got it right! I love you Mr. ESPN! By the way you still owe me that trip to Europe!
Since we were married ages ago, aka before digital prints, I had to take pictures of my pictures (since my computer at home broke - see previous post) rather than scan them in. Since that was the case I only posted a few (for some reason I couldn't find one of all the guys and the ring bearer). I wasn't too thrilled with the way they turned out so I went on scrapblog and played with them (Casey - scrapblog is addicting). I love sepia and black and white photos. Let me know what you think.
- First - Chatty's first time riding the bus home from school today - hope it goes well!
- Football - watched my first two games of the college football season last night - so glad to have it back on my television
- Feet - sore, ran 6 miles on Wednesday morning (at 5:20 am no less!) and then 3 yesterday, good thing Friday is my day off!
- Fried - our home computer. We have delayed purchasing a new one and now it looks like we may have to purchase two, one for the kids and one for us since this one is fried. Mr. ESPN is supposed to talk to his IT friend at work today to get some advice about what to purchase!
- Future Bride - meeting the future Mrs. Kingston for drinks this afternoon and to give her the belated Bridal shower gift I have. The gift is different but fun I think ... will post about it next week.
- Frustrated - got to work this morning for a 6:00 a.m. conference call and it was canceled ... UGH!! At least I can leave early right??
- Fancy/Frilly - trying to decide what to wear and where to eat for out anniversary dinner tomorrow night. I am going to make a quick stop at a couple stores to look for something.
- Food - my neighbor's nanny is making Thai food for us on Sunday night, I better take an extra dose of Prevacid so I can handle all the spiciness!
- Fall - is it really coming to the desert? It isn't supposed to break triple digits this weekend! Woo Hoo! I never thought I would be so happy to see 95 degrees!
- Friends & Family - looking forward to some quality time with both this weekend!
Have a great and safe Labor Day Weekend!
Wednesday, September 2, 2009
T Minus three Days until College Football starts ... who do you think is more excited, Mr. ESPN or me? Truth be told it is probably a pretty close competition ... he may win out but only by a slight amount. I tease him all the time that the real reason he married me is for my love of sports - I guess it is the southerner in me! He told me our Netflix subscription will end this week as we won't have time to watch movies with football on. Yes we are that couple that purchases the college football television package (and the NFL package) so we can watch all the teams we love. We have discussed that when we retire we are going to travel to different college stadiums to tailgate and watch games. We have several must see stadiums on our list (including but not limited to) the Big House (MI), Between the Hedges (GA), Doak Campbell Stadium (FSU), Death Valley (LSU), the Swamp (UF), TX Memorial Stadium (UT), among others. By the time we retire we will have several season's worth of stadiums on our list.
So in honor of the upcoming season leave a comment or post on your own blog the following.
- Favorite Team
- Team you Cheer for other than your Alma Mater & Why?
- Favorite Team - Arizona Wildcats (mine and Mr. ESPN's alma mater); it's tough being a Wildcat fan because we haven't had the best of teams but hopefully we are finally turning the corner; Chatty cheers on the Go Cats with us and I think Bia might get into it this year too.
- Team you Cheer for other than your Alma Mater & Why? Florida State Seminoles; I am from Florida and my big brother and I grew up watching and cheering for them; I think he is the reason I love college football and sports in general; we still chat after a lot of the FSU games; Chatty loves the Go Noles too.
Can't wait to see your answers!