Friday, April 9, 2010

Hey Good Lookin' What you Got Cookin?

It should say What you Got Bakin' - 48 cupcakes, 12 mini cupcakes and a soccer ball cake was bakin' last night.  I also whipped up a double batch of butter cream frosting and tinted it pink and green.  Sounds like an exciting Thursday night at the ESPN household.  And guess what I will be doing tonight?  Frosting all of those bad boys and hopefully not licking too much frosting off my fingertips (sooo fattening!).  As if that wasn't enough excitement for a Thursday evening I mopped the floor and then proceeded to try and find outfits for our family for pictures tomorrow. 

Yes we had the bright idea of doing family pictures tomorrow before the party.  I found stuff for everyone to wear in the family except me - what else is new?  So that means in addition to my frosting duties and grocery shopping this afternoon, I need to find a shirt that is either navy, yellow or green so I look like I belong with the people who live in my house!  Bia told me this morning "No want picture taken" - lovely!  We told her and Chatty that we will stay and take pictures until we get good ones even if it means missing their birthday party (yes we are those kind of parents).  I even told Chatty to start practicing her smile (she has this goofy, constipated looking, fake grin that Mr. ESPN and I hate).  Needless to say I may get a note home from her teacher telling me that she couldn't concentrate in class because she was too busy practicing her smile so she could make it to her own party on time. 

If my children listen as well as they usually do it will be a doozy of a session tomorrow!

5 comments:

starnes family said...

OMG. I hope she gets a note for lack of concentration due to practicing smiling. That would be fantastic.

Hope they go well!

Dee Stephens said...

This post made me laugh out loud. The question is.. does Chatty get in trouble at school for talking in class?
I used to get written up ALL.THE.TIME for that when I was in school.
It did not make my Dad happy ;)
Good luck with the pictures!

Sara said...

I'm picturing Miss Bia in class practicing her smile over and over. So funny! Can't wait to hear how this goes. Hopefully good!!

You are a baking machine!

SASS said...

HAHA constipated smile. That's hilarious! Hope your sesh goes well...photos + kids = entertaining!! (For others...not necessarily the parents!)
Hope you find something to wear! I'm in the same predicament right now for a party I'm supposed to go to tonight. A themed one....ew!

FROGGITY! said...

oooh, hope the pics went well! and the party too of course!

those cupcakes sound fun... send me some! :)