Monday, April 12, 2010

Tis the Season

for this:


Yep that's right - tis the season for rattlesnakes!  Mr. ESPN just sent me this picture taken from our front door.  I can't even explain how freaked out I am (it is mere feet from our front door)!  Yes I know I live in the desert and this is part of life here - but they freak me out.  Mr. ESPN tried to run it over when it went in the street but missed (the visions I have from this are like a bad comedy skit) and the snake ventured over to our neighbors' front yard!

I am a day late on Chatty's birthday post but will try to get to it tonight, if I quit freaking out about the snake and dreaming he is inside my house! 

6 comments:

Brooke said...

Holy crap! I'd be freaked too. I think if I ever saw one I'd have a heart attack from fear. It's pretty amazing that I've lived in AZ my whole life and only ever seen one, and it was from very far away. Time to start watching my steps extra carefully.

FROGGITY! said...

*shudder*

ewwwwwww

no i would not do well with that!

starnes family said...

Holy crap is right. That is not pretty. But, yes, part of life in the desert. You're a good sport.

The Lenzers said...

i would be on the floor having a heart attache or on the phone with my realtor getting the for sale up!

SASS said...

The visual of Mr. ESPN trying to run over the rattler is crackin me up over here! I don't mind reptiles (I hate bugs instead) but if that thing were feet from my door, I'd be trying to run it over, too! YIKES!

Sara said...

Holy cow! That is some scary stuff! In Texas, we would've gotten a shotgun and blown it to bits. Just sayin.